https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Power Breakfast: Banana Protein Pancakes!



This is my new favorite weekend breakfast, and I'll tell you why. Because I get to eat PANCAKES! Yes, pancakes. And they're delicious. On Sunday's in my house, I like to cook breakfast for my family, as Sunday is my first day off of the week.



It's also the only day off work my husband and I share, so all 4 of us are home together. And frankly, it makes me happy to cook for them. 😊



These simple protein pancakes, a mix of eggs and bananas, along with a dash of cinnamon, are the perfect way for me to feel indulgent, and still enjoy pancakes with my family.






Start with 4 eggs (I ended up using 2 eggs and 4 egg whites in this recipe for the nutritional content). Mash up one large banana in a separate bowl.



Mix them together to make your batter. Simple! I love to add a sprinkle of cinnamon for some extra depth of flavor- and it will make your kitchen smell heavenly while you cook. While some recipes call for oil in it, I find that unnecessary. I simply gave a small drip of olive oil in a non stick skillet before cooking.



With a preheated skillet to a little below medium (4 on my stove with medium being a 5), you simply pour the batter in. If you wanna get crazy, you can spoon it in a fun shape for your little ones. Olivia loves heart-shaped pancakes! When it starts to bubble as pictured above, and the edges have lifted a tad, they are ready to flip. If you are on the 21 day fix or insanity Max 30 Nutrition plan, they entire batch counts as 2 reds and 2 purples. Since I only ate half the batch before I was stuffed, I'm looking at 1 red and 1 purple, or 145 calories.



This huge batch has 290 calories and packs 20 GRAMS OF PROTEIN! The bananas, when warmed, release a sweetness that feels sinful. And it's all guilt free. Try them out- I promise you won't regret it! And since my 4 year old loves them, I'd say you're safe to share them with your family. :)




Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: