https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Easy! Fresh! Delicious! Homemade Greek Tzatiki Dip




Not everybody hates vegetables. I, for one, LOVE them. The problem for me is the DIPS. A grip of ranch dip (which of course is the technical measurement of the amount you must use with your veggies) is where my problem lies.



I'm always on the lookout for alternate dips to try and give me that fun, football, finger-food experience without sabotaging a days worth of healthy eating with the darn dip! Give this healthy dip a try- you never know, you might just love it!



Here's what you need to make this awesome delicious dip:

-1 cup grated seeded peeled cucumber (you can use a food processor OR a grater for this-- either way, you'll want to wring out all that extra water THOROUGHLY so you don't have runny dip!)
-1 cup plain fat-free yogurt, preferable Greek style
-1/2 T fresh dill, finely chopped
-1 to 2 T fresh lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (you can do both fill and mint, or one or the other)


This is, again, one of my favorite types of recipes, because as you all know, I'm a busy busy mama. I like things that are quick, easy, and healthy to make. Also, I was prepping for the week, and chopped all my cucumbers before I remembered to shred for my dip. Easy solution? Chop more!



I also prefer them to be able to be used for several days, stored in the fridge for use another day, another snack. This hits all the markers. Pour it all together, mix it up, and stir.



Whalah! A healthy delicious dip alternative, perfect for anyone who loves the crispness of cucumber. Perfect for serving with a whole grain pita chip, or your choice of crudités! Watch out- this even fits in the 21 Day Fix Meal plan! One cup of this awesome dip will cost you one red container and one green. Happy guilt free snacking!



Please remember to bookmark my blog to check out more recipes like this. Comment below, and SHARE with a friend!


Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: