https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Monday, January 26, 2015

Greek Quinoa Salad




When I completed the Ultimate Reset in early December, I knew there were some recipes I would begin incorporating into my regular meal plan. This Greek quinoa salad is a variation on one of the recipes from the Ultimate Reset. It's clean, it's a vegan, and it's delicious. give it a whirl and tell me what you think!

I have reformulated it to make the flavor one I enjoy little bit more, and also to be compatible with the 21 day fix nutrition plan. It's a great way to pack your day with protein and greens. I've even been known to throw some spinach and and make it a true salad. The ingredients you need are mostly things that you probably already have in your kitchen.



Here's what you'll need:
-quinoa, cooked
-cucumber
-tomato
-lemon juice
-parsley
-mint
-Kalamata olives
-EVOO
-Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Himalayan Sea Salt

The process is super simple- I'm telling you, this is a great one to make with your kids. They love using measuring cups or the Fix containers to help make a recipe. And it's great "together" time, too!



First, make sure you chop those veggies. I use a green container of cucumber and a green of tomato. You could also go with one cup of cucumber and a medium sized tomato. One blue container of chopped kalamata Olivies, or about 4 Tablespoons, along with 1 Tablespoon of mint and about 1/4 cup of chopped parsley. Remember, on the Fix plan, your herbs and spices are free, so use what you love! A little zest is added with a Tablespoon of lemon juice.



Take 2 yellow cups of quinoa (or 3/4 a cup) and combine it with your chopped veggies. Then mix it all together and season it with your salt, or in my case, a healthy drizzle of Bragg's. I personally leave the olive oil out, as I feel the olives have plenty, but feel free to add a teaspoon or two as you prefer.

I love this salad, and ultimately make a large batch and have it for the week at work- it stores amazing, the whole family loves it, and it's a great way to get a protein packed side instead of a simple pasta. Let me know what you think in the comments below, and I hope you'll subscribe or check back for more stuff just like this!

Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: