https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

This week, Beachbody has me up as a finalist for the Beachbody Challenge quarterly vote. And I am absolutely terrified. What is the Beachbody Challenge, you ask? Well, its a contest you can enter by doing any of the Beachbody workout programs, or by drinking your daily dose of dense nutrition, Shakeology. Its simply a way to hold yourself accountable, and maybe, just maybe, get rewarded for your hard work.  Beachbody gives out a daily prize of $500, and if you are one of the lucky monthly winners, you can get $1000. That's right- cold, hard cash. How cool is a company that believes in their products that much, and not only that, but REWARDS YOU for using them? You can read about the other nominees and vote by clicking this link.

For me, it wasn't just about losing 5, 10, or even 20 lbs. It meant committing to making a life change. I logged my progress throughout the last year, at the start and finish of each program. Insanity, T25, P90x3, T25 again, some 21 Day Fix... and then.. I won! I can't explain the elation! It was like someone had noticed all my hard work! Someone had crept up to my house, peeked through the window, and saw all the sweat and tears, burpees and planks that had gotten me to where I was. And it felt amazing. I couldn't believe it. And then, I won July. And this is where the fear crept in.

How could I possibly compete against all these other amazing people? Somehow, someway, I felt as though they were more deserving of the win than I was. They must've worked harder. Maybe it came more naturally to them. Maybe they didn't fall down as much as I did on my journey, even though I kept getting back up. Maybe they lost more, looked better, ran faster, didn't have to modify.

Don't worry- I am working on my negative self talk. Its all a part of the journey. And like I mentioned before, its been quite a trip. New found confidence. A belief in myself. Learning I am not only able to commit to these programs, to pick one and finish it, but I am able to CRUSH IT.  Learning to eat better, shop smarter, cook healthier. Learning to share that story with others. Learning to deal with grief, loss, and depression in a healthier way. Learning to be strong.


In order to vote, you have to have a free online membership, which you can get by clicking right HERE. It will grant you access to the Beachbody website and allow you to vote. It will also make me YOUR coach, should you decide you're ready to work on your own journey. I think by allowing to make people have a free membership first, they are able to prevent robots of some sort from voting. :) Don't worry- I won't spam you. :)

If you haven't taken time to view my transformation video, I hope that you will. It is the best way to learn about my story. You can view the video on my YouTube channel. I hope you have a gorgeous day, and remember- you are WORTH IT.

No comments: