https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Friday, October 10, 2014

Save Money and Time- Prep Your Food!


Good morning beautiful people! We have all heard the expression, "Fail to plan, plan to fail." Or maybe you haven't, but now you have! One of my biggest tips for success if you are changing your nutrition and your life like I have is to food prep.

There are many wonderful sites out there that can give you huge elaborate meal plans for prepping that I simply can't do. But here is what I can do: I can show you what works for me. :) If youd prefer to watch a video version of this, you can see that here.

The first thing I always prep is chicken breast. I use it in SO MANY things- its a great lean protein that you should always have on hand. Sure, you can buy pre-cooked, frozen chicken strips from the freezer section of your local grocery store, but you know what? It'll cost you more. So find a good deal on some raw chicken breast and season it up! You can bake it at 350 degrees until its cooked through, with juices running clear. After it cools, slice it up and put it in your fridge in a ziplock or tupperware. It'll be useful for salads, wraps, stir-frys, and various other quick go-to meals.


Other basic foods I make sure and prep each week are an assortment of vegetables, but my go to ones are carrot and celery sticks, as well as peppers. If you make sure to clean and peel the carrots, then slice them up and store them in a tupperware with cold water in your fridge, they will stay crispy and fresh all week, or even longer. When you need a quick snack, you can grab them out and pair them with some greek yogurt dip, almond butter, or hummus. Peppers can easily be thrown in with eggs, as well as many other dinners and are easily storable in the freezer and thrown directly into the pan. Success is in the planning, people! 


The final food I never fail to prep and have on hand is hard boiled egs- except I rarely boil them. I bake them in a muffin tin at 325 degrees for 25 minutes, followed by a nice soak in an ice bath. The you can pre-peel them or not, dealer's choice, but they are ready for a quick protein fix, a snack on the go, and even to use in a chopped chef salad. Love me some hard boiled eggs!

I hope this helps you plan for success this week- try it out! Even though it seems like a lot, I managed to do all this in an hour this morning,  and I know my week will be better for it. :) Have a gorgeous day!


No comments: