https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Monday, October 20, 2014

Chocolate Shakeology PB2 Cups: So Simple, They are Almost Criminal...Almost.

Ok. So you have that late night sweet craving. Again. Or maybe just chocolate. Must. Have. Chocolate. Well, we've all been there. But what do you do about it when you want to feed that little demon without destroying all your hard work? Here's what I do: I make Chocolate Shakeology PB2 cups.

They are so simple, it's almost criminal. 

First, you need some foil cupcake liners. I use my small size cutting board to lay them out on, because it fits neatly in my freezer. I originally got this recipe from Beachbody's website, and then modified it to suit my purposes, which was to make 6 cups. No, that doesn't mean make and eat all six! But it does mean that making 6 actually takes me less time, because the ingredient amounts better suited my purposes and were easier and quicker to measure, and because I might want one later this week, or my daughter might want one. Nothing makes me feel worse than when I'm too much of a Scrooge to share with my 4 year old! So, I make 6. 

You need only three ingredients (well, 4, if you count water):
-1/3 c. Coconut Oil 
-1 c. PB2 Powder
-1/2 c. Chocolate Shakeology
-1 c. Water

Here's where it gets complicated. Melt the coconut oil (I zap mine in the microwave for 15 seconds). Got it? Now pour it in a small bowl and mix it with the PB2. Done!

In a second small bowl, mix your Chocolate Shakeology and water. Done!

Last step: pour the PB2 mixture into your 6 cups, evenly.  Then top with your Chocolate Shakeology mixture. Freeze! Oh, I should add- eat from the freezer! The chocolate part melts quick, so they are meant to be eaten cold. :)  When they are done, I reward myself with one and throw the other 5 in the back of the freezer in a zip lock bag. Why? Because I want myself to have to WORK to get it, not simply grab it because it's easily accessible. After all, you want to savor them, not wolf them down in a day! 

No comments: