https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I've decided its Ultimate Reset Time... And Here's Why.


I Was scrubbing the floor last night (yes, scrubbing the kitchen floor at 1am!), and I did something crazy. Something I swore I wouldn't do. I ordered the BeachBody Ultimate Reset. 

And I am completely terrified. 

There are so many reasons I have refused to do this yet, and I don't even know where to begin to explain them. The first is a weird little fear I have of failure. Ok, so it's a big fear, but it's one I'm working on. My entire last year of my life has been devoted to making a healthier me for my family. A healthier wife for my husband, a healthier mother for my kids. And part of that dedication has been to work out consistently, nearly every single day, for the last year. 

I have completed Insanity, then two rounds of T25, P90x3, PiYo, the 21 Day Fix, and finished the year off with a bang by knocking out Insanity again. And as great as that is, I'm terrified of doing the Ultimate Reset, because it is 21 days of not exercising at all. How can I turn my back on something that has been such an integral part of my daily life? The very thing I used to show myself that I CAN stick to something. 

Another objection I have is the timing. I just don't feel like the timing is right. I mean, the holidays are coming. Wouldn't I be better served to try this after the new year? Who wants to do a cleanse in October. It sounds much more fun for summer. :)

My final objection was the cost. Frankly, it is Beachbody's most expensive program. That alone scares me. It's a big financial commitment for me to make.

Well, let's look at my objections again. The first was a fear of failing. Well, if I have learned nothing in this last year, it's that confronting my fears only serves to make me stronger. I have also learned that pushing yourself outside of where you are comfortable is how you grow. So I guess that objection is invalid. 

My second objection is the lack of exercise. But if committing to an exercise program shows how much I have grown and how consistent I have become, then isn't commuting to a cleanse just as dedicated? And, truth be told, I have been pummeling my body pretty steadily now for almost 13 months. Also, although I continue to firm and shape my body, my weight loss is kind of at a plateau. And although I'm fine with that, as I no longer even have a weight goal, I think that is a sign that my body is ready to recharge and reset.

So my next thought was timing. Well, first of all, I think it's kind of like having kids. If you wait 'til you're "ready," no one would have children. I feel the same way about the Reset. When WILL be a good time? Not summer! I'm too busy to do the food prep it takes. Not December- that's Christmas! Not Spring- my birthdays in April and we are saving for a vacation! 

So then I took an alternate view. Instead of trying to figure out why now is NOT a good time, I wanted to think about why it might be just the right time. First of all, I can do the Reset along with thousands of others who are doing it this November and follow along in an online support group with customers around the country. It starts November 1st- and it's 21 days- which will put me finishing right before the Thanksgiving holiday. You know I have to eat with my family and celebrate! So now the timing seems actually perfect, when I actually think about it. Not to mention, Insanity Max:30 releases in December, and you KNOW I'm doing that!  

So then there was that money thing. It always comes down to money, right? Well, I thought back to when I first considered ordering Shakeology, and I thought it was too expensive. In actuality, the reason I thought that was because I didn't yet realize its value. I didn't know how much more efficiently it would make my body run, how much energy it would provide me, how much time it would save me. These are valuable things. So what could the Reset gain me? Well, I figure at worst case, I try it and stick to it successfully. I journal it here and maybe my experiences help someone else. And best case, maybe my body revitalizes and recharges, and is ready to go at the next thing even better than before.  And did I mention it's on sale for $50 off right now? Yeah. I'm all about saving those Benjamins. ;)

Ultimately, I have to go for it. After all, thinking about it and not doing anything about it is exactly the thought process that kept me fat and wallowing in depression for years! And I'm not that girl now anymore, am I? If you want to learn more about the Ultimate Reset, or consider doing it with me, you can check it out right here. After all, what do YOU have to lose? 

I hope you'll follow my journey here and on Facebook and wish me luck and support! 


No comments: