https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Healthy Veggie and Egg Breakfast Muffins: 21 Day Fix Approved!




I love these little muffins for so many reasons.
*They are perfectly portioned to help me stay on track.
*They are easy and convenient to grab and go when I'm short on time!
*They are chock-full of veggies and protein.
*They freeze well for later!
*My kids love them, too (who doesn't like a muffin?)!

This recipe makes 12 egg cups and you can eat 2 muffins per serving, so this is enough for 6 servings. I personally doubled this recipe in order to make a full tray of a dozen muffins. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

* One dozen large eggs
* 12 ounces Baby Spinach, finely chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1/2 a red onion, finely diced
* Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)



Here's what you do:



1. Preheat your oven to 375° F.



2. Lightly coat your muffin tin with a nonstick coating (I use coconut oil, but a nonstick olive oil spray will work too). I do not feel cupcake liners work well for this recipe.



3. Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk/beat until scrambled well. Although I often substitute egg whites in recipes, I feel the healthy fat from the yolk of the egg is necessary here, not only for them to rise well but also to release from the pan.



4. Add in your chopped veggies and seasonings and whisk away again.



5. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup and start distributing between the muffin tin, one scoop at a time per muffin. This way, you will have everything evenly split between cups, as the veggies have a tendency to sink to the bottom. Continue until all are evenly filled.


6. Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes at 375° or until toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.



7. Here is where a I think people fail on this one. The first thing to do is be patient, and let them cool about 5 minutes. As soon as they are set, I use a plastic fork or knife (not metal, you'll ruin your nonstick pan!) to peel them away from the edges in a circular stroke. After that, the fork can pop them up from the bottom pretty easily!



You can store these in the refrigerator and heat them up in a microwave when you are ready to eat, or freeze them and reheat them (but trust me, with my kids eating them too, they don't last that long!). You can easily have 4 of these muffins (and count it as 2 reds and 2 greens) to start your day right!

Remember, you can eat 2 muffins per serving! Each serving is 1 green and 1 red container on the BeachBody portion controlled container system, most popularly known as the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan. I am currently following this same plan with the all new workout, The Masters: Hammer and Chisel, and it has been a HUGE component of maintaining my 95 pound weight loss.


If you ever want to learn more about this system, I adore it and am happy to answer any of your questions. Simply shoot me an email at amandanoddings@me.com or hit me up on Facebook!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, and share it with your fit friends and family as you get closer to your own health and fitness goals. Be sure to subscribe to the blog to be notified every time I post a recipe! Or check out my videos on YouTube.com and see my gorgeous face in person. ;) And as always, live healthy, live happy. Love, Amanda




Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: