https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Quinoa Berry Parfait: Healthy, Delicious High Protein Breakfast




If you've been looking for an easy, delicious, protein packed breakfast or snack solution that will also add some sweetness to your day, look no further: these Berry and Quinoa parfaits are amazing!


Just looking at them makes me hungry for one- and they are a totally easy, guilt free option that has flavor as well as convenience. Throwing these together took me all of 5 minutes-- and for a busy mom like me, who wants to maintain the 95 pounds I worked hard to lose, they are going to be a new staple in my fridge!

I love that they easily translate to containers for my 21 Day Fix Mealplan, which works with my clean eating lifestyle. ***You can learn more about that, and how to make me your free coach, here!*** My current workout program, the Hammer and Chisel, follows the same easy portion system, so that eating right has become so much simpler.


Here's what you need:

*2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
*3 Cups plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
*4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Berries
*1 T Local Raw Honey
*4 Mason Jars

That's it!


Layer the ingredients in the jars evenly. I drizzled honey on top of each yogurt layer. I used frozen berries for a couple of reasons. First- convenience! They keep in the freezer, and I can just grab my purple container and measure them out quickly! The second is COST! You can always find a frozen selection of fruit much more cost effective than fresh, especially when fresh is out of season. Organic is more affordable this way, if you choose to, and flash frozen fruits also maintain their nutrients! Win-win-win!


Each one of these beautiful treats is modifiable to the 21 Day Fix Container System, with each one of the 4 servings counting as 1 Red, 1 Purple, and 1 Yellow. Healthy, balanced, delicious.

My goal is to make clean eating a part of my healthy lifestyle, to model those behaviors for my kids, and to help others do the same. If you need help on your journey or just have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! I am here for you. Have a beautiful day, and let me know what you think! As always, live healthy, live happy. Love, Amanda

Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: