https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Healthy Kicken' Chicken Salad


I really love the chicken salad wraps and sandwiches from Arby's, but although they brand them as healthy, they simply aren't. They are chock-full of mayo and unhealthy sugar and fat that you don't really need in your healthy diet. One thing that has helped be be successful with my clean-eating lifestyle, not only losing 95 pounds but KEEPING it off, is finding ways to make these favorite recipes in a way that actually is good for me and that y whole family enjoys. This way, I never feel like I'm missing out. This chicken salad is my own version, inspired by Autumn Calabrese' recipe from the Fixate cookbook. **If you haven't heard of that cookbook but want to get your hands on your own copy, you can find it here.**

I always start my week by prepping chicken breast in the oven. It saves me time and money throughout the week, and I can use it in various recipes.



Here's what you'll need to make my version of this delicious salad, with the 21 Day Fix Container equivalents also:
  • 1 Cup Chopped Celery (1 Green)
  • 1 Cup Chopped Red Seedless Grapes (1 Purple)
  • 1 Cup Chopped Apple (1 Purple)
  • 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Chicken Breast (Bake your own like I did or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it to save time!)



For the dressing part, you'll need:
  • 3 T Rice or Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 T Local Raw Honey
  • 3 T Dijon or Stone Ground Mustard
  • 1 1/2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt (2 Reds)
Take a few minutes to prep your ingredients and chop them up.


I wait until I'm ready to use the chicken to chop it up. This prevents it from drying out in the fridge. :)


This is really so simple. First, mix your dressing base together in a bowl (yogurt, vinegar, honey, and mustard). You can add salt and pepper to taste.

Once you've done this, dump all your chopped ingredients on top!


Fold, or gently mix your ingredients together in the bowl. That's it! You now have your Creamy Chicken Salad!


If you divide this entire bowl into two portions, it will count as 1 Purple, 1 Green, 2 Reds, and 1/2 an orange on the 21 Day Fix Plan. Yes, that's a HUGE amount of salad! I personally broke it up over 2 meals at work. Questions? Just ask!



I love to use this on whole grain wraps, but you can also place it on whole grain bread to make a sandwich, or even put it on crispy lettuce bibs to avoid the carbs!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, and your family loves it as much as I do. Please comment on this post if you have any questions, and share this recipe with those you think will want to try it! As always, I'm here for you if you need help and support on your fitness journey. Live healthy, live happy! Love, Amanda





No comments: