https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What Do You Do When You Just Don't Want to Press Play?

Its so hard some days. Some days, rainy, bleak days like today, I just want to curl up on the couch, veg out, and eat something ridiculous, like Ramen.  I know that you may find this hard to believe, but I DON'T WAKE UP EVERY DAY IN BEAST MODE. Most mornings, I wake up nice and comfy in some snuggly yoga pants, a tank top, and a zip up hoodie. I brew a pot of coffee (yes, I drink coffee!), and get ready to start my day.

First, there are children. I know there are only two but some days I think I'm seeing double. They are everywhere! And if, heaven forbid, I manage to get them down for a nap then I might just want to sit and enjoy the silence. Smell the rain. Listen to... well, nothing.  It doesn't happen often, but I dream of it often! Haha! The true reality is that there is screaming, tugging, loud shrieks and giggles, all while I try and complete some other task- much like right now, even as I write this blog. Then there are the million other tasks- all of which I need to accomplish before I go to work and start the second half of my day.

There are two ways I combat this. One is to listen to some personal development on audio while I knock out a few household chores, such as dishes or folding laundry. Another is to just do it.

I know, I know. That sounds lame. But its the truth. If you are going to take accountability for your own actions and be responsible for yourself and where you are in this life, you have to be able to own your own actions. It is not necessarily the easiest thing in the world to complete a workout with children walking all over you, with chores waiting to be done. I'm afraid of stepping on little feet. I'm afraid of taking that time away from myself when I should be paying attention to them, right? WRONG.



What better way to show them, each day, that even if its rainy, even if its ugly, I get it done. Even if I don't feel like it. Even if they crab at me. Even if life gets in the way, things pop up, I will do my best. Because I said I would. And I am the only one who can be responsible for my actions.

No comments: