https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Monday, August 10, 2015

Frozen Coconut Peanut Butter Bark




So, first off I have to say this: no, you aren't allowed to eat the whole plate in one sitting. It will be tempting- trust me, I know! This recipe was actually inspired by my husband, Darrell. As a plumber, he's a natural problem solver. I was hell-bent on making my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, my usual go-to for a sweet craving, only to find that we were out of cupcake liners. Well, that wouldn't do at all!

So Darrell notices my frustration, and sees the gleam in my eye that I'm about to make a poor choice that I'll kick myself for later (we've been married over 5 years now-- he probably recognizes the pattern!), and he mentions that last time I made the peanut butter cups, the liquid spilled onto the paper plate and froze there. It popped off easily, causing him to remark that it looked like peanut brittle. Whalah! The idea for this recipe was born.

Here's what you'll need to make this recipe:
-Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
-PB2 or another powdered Peanut Butter
-Coconut Oil
-Toppings of your choice, or none at all! I used shredded coconut and almond slivers.


Also, you'll want two small microwave safe bowls. In the first one, you are going to melt 1/3 cup of coconut oil. When that's done, add 1 cup of PB2 and pour it into your plate. It should spread easily as it is fairly runny at this ratio.

In the second bowl, mix 1/3 cup Vegan (or regular) Chocolate Shakeology and one cup of water. Mix it thoroughly until it is also fairly runny, adding water if needed. You are going to pour this directly on top of the PB2 mixture. If you want, you can drizzle it around as I did (pictured below) to make it beautiful. After all, we eat with the eyes first!

The last step is simply to sprinkle any toppings you want on top. I chose to divide the plate in thirds, doing some with each topping and some plain. I let my daughter help with this step- she loves to sprinkle! And to be involved. :)


Now you simply place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. If you want this for a late night munchies, throw it in before dinner and it'll be perfect! Lastly, all you have to do is break it up! I chose to break each section separate and put them in small ziplocks in the freezer.


Because the melting point of coconut oil is so close to room temperature, you're only going to want to take these out a piece or two at a time as pure ready to enjoy them. Here's how the plain ones looked:


For extra crunch and texture, I added almond slivers to the top of these ones:


And the piece de resistance, the shredded coconut. It tastes amazing with the coconut-oil-based peanut butter on the bottom. Delish!


If you know someone who would like this recipe, please share it! And if you're looking for more support on your fitness journey and think you'd like to learn more, please email me at amandanoddings@automaticceo.com and we'll chat!

As always, live healthy, live happy! Love, Amanda

Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: