https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Get Your Veggies in with this Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce!



Everyone wants to be able to cook a healthy meal for their family that is delicious, easy, and that no one complains about, right? This easy and simple crock-pot spaghetti sauce is just that- decious, healthy, and fairly hands-free!

Fire up the crock pot, cause this recipe is simple- dump and run! I love anything that saves me time and energy. I start with placing some frozen pre-made turkey meatballs in the bottom of the pot- you can make these ahead yourself, or simply go with store-bought. If you make them yourself, the added bonus is you know exactly what's in them!

Next, cover the meatballs with your sauce base. I buy cans of tomato puree, or else I throw a heaping bunch of tomatoes in the vitamix, press blend, and whalah! Organic, no sugar or salt added tomato puree! You can add herbs and seasonings of your choice to the sauce-- I go with oregano, basil, and garlic.


This is the best part- start piling in the veggies! I am not kidding you, my husband and kids go bananas over this sauce- and its absolutely loaded with veggies. I add chopped carrots, yellow squash, green zucchini, chopped up tomatoes, and mushrooms. Many of these things my husband won't eat separately, but when cooked together, they take on the flavor of the sauce and its all fair game! Its colorful and delicious- and you eat with your eyes first, so your family will be all over this stuff!

Start this up in the morning, or in my case, about noon- and its ready for my family to eat at dinner time, after cooking on low for about 6 hours. All my husband has to do is boil up some whole-grain pasta and plate it! When he comes in the door from work, the house smells amazing, and everyone is ready to gobble it up. The most time-consuming part is chopping the vegetables, which doesn't take long at all!



And there you have it! Quick, clean, crock-pot spaghetti sauce! Try it some night soon and let me know how it goes! As always, Live healthy, live happy. Love, Amanda



Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: