https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Weekend Warrior: 5 Tips to Help You Stay on Track on the Weekend





One thing that can be hard for people is getting through the weekend without feeling like they are derailing all their progress. One thing I like to do is cut myself some slack. Here's some things that help me.

-If you eat well all week, one "relaxed" night won't derail your progress-- but an entire WEEKEND of bad choices will.






-I always "plan" to have my most relaxed meal Sunday night. I'm home with my family, and we're probably going to barbecue big fattening steaks. And that's ok. I don't call it a "cheat" meal because I'm not on a diet. I just give myself permission to eat without worrying about it for that night.






-That doesn't mean I throw the whole day out the window! Knowing that I am probably taking it easy in the food department on Sunday means I try and hit my Sunday morning workout extra hard, followed by stretching or yoga. This sets me up to enjoy my day off and also to be in a good mind frame for the day with my other choices. I'm a firm believer that working out early in the morning helps you with the rest of your day.

-If you slip up and eat things you "shouldn't," don't beat yourself up. When you do this, you tell yourself you are a failure. Then it's a short distance to, "well, I already screwed up, so I guess I'll just _______(insert other unhealthy things here).





-If I'm going to have a cocktail with my husband, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I smuggle Crystal Light or Mio Fit in my purse. Yes, that's my secret! I don't want to be that person who never has fun or lets loose- but I also don't want to waste a bunch of calories on empty sugary drinks. Also, did you know that the more sugar you drink, the higher the likelihood of a hangover? So even though it's not "clean," I orde a vodka and water, then squirt in a little of my drink mix. I relax guilt free, it tastes good, and it's much less expensive. And we all know I like to save money!





-Lastly, I ATTACK my Monday morning workout with a vengeance. It's the start of my week, and it sets the tone for the entire week that follows. I schedule my time in, and do my best to get it done when I said I would. It only helps me in the long run-- and it makes me feel proud and accomplished and strong. And that's NEVER a bad feeling. :)

Do you have tips for staying on track on the weekend? Is this an area where you struggle? Let me know if this helped you! As always, Live healthy, Live happy. Love, Amanda


Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: