https://www.facebook.com/FitMomAmandahttp://instagram.com/fitmomamandahttp://www.youtube.com/user/Amandanoddingshttps://plus.google.com/u/0/109635482394512718098/aboutamandanoddings@me.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fit Tip #12: Who Do You Love?




Today's fit tip is a little bit deep, so bear with me. One of the biggest ways to motivate yourself to work on your health and fitness is to think about the people you love. Who is it that you love more than anyone or anything else in the whole world? Who would you do absolutely anything for if you were asked?

Now, obviously I hope you your self came to mind, but that's a whole different conversation. Obviously I want you to love yourself and put yourself on your priority list. But sometimes that doesn't seem to be enough to get us off the couch and pushing play. To get us cooking healthier meals and taking time to plan a healthy menu.



So think about who you love. Is it your parents? Is that your children? Is that your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your fiancé? Maybe you work in the medical field like me, and you can think of patients who need you. Maybe you work with people with disabilities or veterans, people who can't do the things that you can do.



Every single day I work with patients who have missing limbs, whose legs have been lost to disease or war. Who have debilitating conditions like MS or neuropathy who can't complete even the simplest of tasks without pain. For them, I push play.



Sometimes we have to think of others to tap into our selfless side because we can't seem to do it for ourselves. When I think of my children and how they need me, when I think of them growing up and having their own children, I want to be there and be a grandmother. I want to bounce their children on my knee, I want to rollaround and tickle them on the floor. I want to be the fun grandma the place in the pool with them and chases them around the yard. I want to take them camping, like my parents did for me and do for my children.


I want my daughter to be in college a strong and healthy young woman. I want her to know her own self worth and value. I don't want her to struggle with body image like so many of us do, although I know that will probably play apart as it seems unavoidable these days. but I want her to have resources to tap into, lessons I've taught her throughout her life by modeling a healthy lifestyle for her. I don't want her to always be thinking she needs to be on a diet, I don't want her to think she needs to lose weight. I want living healthy and staying active and eating well to be an unconscious decision; a part of life that she doesn't even have to think about. For these reasons I push play.



This is why I menu plan, this is why I prep. This is why I take that half hour a day to do something active. This is why I let trainers like Shaun T and Chalene Johnson work me every day for a half an hour.

I think about who I love, and all the many reasons that I do this not only for myself, but for them. And for some reason, everything blurry sharpens into focus. Everything it's simple. So, who do you love?



Star Diamond Coach Amanda Noddings
Www.facebook.com/TeamDrivenFitness
Www.facebook.com/FitMomAmanda

No comments: